Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Disappearance of a King


Serious question. Has anyone seen LeBron James since the Eastern Conference Finals? Where is the guy that took over games? Where is the guy that said look, "I'm 6'8", 240 and I am going to do what I want, when I want."?? This guy was unstoppable in that series and made all the right decisions at all the right times and made the Bulls and their MVP look silly. During the ECF the Miami Heat was LeBron James' team, and no one could have argued that. So what changed? One thing, he got too close to getting his ring. We have seen a team with LeBron on it get this close before. The result? They got swept and King James quit on his team, much like game 4 of this Finals.

If I hear one more Michael Jordan or Kobe Bean Bryant comparison out of anyone I'm just going to snap. Those guys have 11 rings to their names, and they have one thing LeBron hasn't shown me yet, they close games, especially in the Finals. They refuse to let their team lose often times because they're scoring at the end of games, but more importantly because they have too much will power to let their team fail. So here is my advice to LeBron, stop yucking it up with Dwyane Wade before the game and making fun of Dirk for being sick and focus on what you have to do as a player, an MVP caliber player at that. When Wade goes down with an injury your team needs you to score 35, not facilitate. I understand that a triple double looks great on the box score, but the Heat didn't need you to rebound and pass the ball, especially in crunch time. Let Bosh and Anthony rebound. GET TO THE RIM LEBRON. The primary guy defending LeBron this series has been Jason Kidd. Jason Kidd in his prime couldn't guard LeBron James, and has no business doing it now. The major difference? This is J Kidd's last shot at a ring and he wants it more than anyone except maybe Dirk, and he deserves it more than anybody too. While I have been on the Dirk bandwagon for a while now, I think these playoffs have really shown why he is one of the top competitors in the NBA and in my eyes a top 10 player in the history of the game. And on top of that he's cool. LeBron's coolness is creeping away as fast as his own hairline(notice how his headband gets wider and higher every year). Not even LBJ supporters can explain or defend him for the way he is playing in these finals when the game gets to the 4th quarter. While I will admit to disliking the Heat pretty severely, I won't write them off yet, but Dirk has never been one win away from a ring and he has the game and the leadership to will his team to a victory on the road. Sunday can't come soon enough

No comments:

Post a Comment