Thursday, November 17, 2011

A short addition to the Entourage Recap



Although Hayden and I talked about Entourage far more than anyone was interested in hearing, I still have a couple of things I would like to add:

-DANA GORDON was a huge miss by me as a great recurring character.

-An unmentioned element of why "The Sundance Kids" was so great was the James Cameron cameo. He's as big a fish as you can catch in Hollywood. He really drove the Vince as a superstar point home and he had a couple great moments later in season 2.

-The (revised) Top Ten Episodes are as follows: 1. Sundance Kids 2. One Day in the Valley 3. Vegas Baby Vegas 4. Tree Trippers 5. The Cannes Kids 6. Busey and The Beach 7. Exodus 8. The Day F**kers 9. Into The Jungle 10. ReDOMption

-I feel compelled to say that I was very invested in Turtle's growth throughout the show as someone who was born into great, successful families [(the entourage counts as a family)and also (much like Hayden and I)] but who also wanted to make great things of themselves.

-Hayden said he didn't watch the show to identify with the characters and like 4 minutes later I said I did love identifying with the characters. Oops.

-Ari speaking about his daughter graduating High School and getting choked up in the finale was one of my favorite moments.

-Ari going through the office with the paint ball gun was one of my favorite moments

-Ari finding out about James Cameron directing aquaman and going completely ballistic was one of my favorite moments

-The return of Dom in season 5 was one of my favorites. Also after watching The Wire twice through, the actor was a great guest star in retrospect

-We never mentioned the music of the show. I have picked up so many songs from that show that I love. The top two are "Taper Jean Girl" by Kings of Leon and "Only Love Can Break Your Heart" by Neil Young. Also, having "Going to California" by Led Zepplin was the perfect song to send off a series at the end of an imperfect finale

Character Best Moments:

Drama - VICTORY! on the cliff and him explaining why he has to sing for his supper

Turtle - Talking to Jamie-Lynn Sigler in the limo about his friend Sal

Ari - His explosion over James Cameron and his speeches about his daughter graduating HS and his plea to convince Mrs. Ari to take him back

Lloyd - Comforting Ari in Exodus after losing his job and Ari responding with "we're going to be ok Lloyd"

Vince - Helping E get sloan back

E - "Vince has been my best friend since were 6 years old" and then threatening the 15 people he spoke that quote to

Best Alternate Ending to the storylines they chose:

Vince stages the whole wedding storyline just to get E back with Sloan

Alright, that's enough about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment